Words and photos by Yvonne.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Small Stones 25-30

Puddle ducks by the hundreds
web footed and in mass
sing their dawns chorus
in the freshwater shallows
of winter

 _______________________________

The feathered tall blue hunter
wades with movements imperceptible
patience...patience
in his vigilant pursuit

                                            ____________________________                                              

 Sharp repeated taps
like Morse code
awaken me
my eyes open
and focus toward the sound
at my window
finding the little sparrow
who had scattered my dreams
...and I smile

____________________________________

Clouds float in a rose madder wash
and as the sun is setting
a hawk dives
and plays its part in the
amazing orchestra of nature

_______________________________

Large, round
awe-inspiring leaves
flat and unsinkable
landing fields for dragonflies
home to many
mud bottom pond dwellers

_____________________________

The dampness chills me
as the wispy tendrils of fog
seep in
Then a welcoming and gentle
Zephyr-like breeze
limits its presence

No comments: